Job Title: Empire Startups FinTech Program Director
Location: New York
Founded in 2011, the Empire Startups FinTech ecosystem brings together the best startup founders, innovators, and investors under one roof. Our community nurtures innovation through knowledge-sharing and fostering early relationships between investors and entrepreneurs. We run monthly Meetups in NY and SF and annual Conferences and FinTech Weeks in both cities. Empire also accelerates innovation through a suite of online tools and strategic partnerships with key players.
The Program Director role is built for someone who can hustle, execute, take initiative and has an entrepreneurial mindset. You’re a bridge between different stakeholders in the FinTech ecosystem and you’re able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at the same time. To achieve that you’re exceptionally organized and productive. You build trust by delivering great work and being a team player. You have a passion for all things events, from strategy to marketing and execution.
- Manage end-to-end large and small-scale events. Designing content, sourcing speakers, marketing the event, owning the budget and coordinating the team to ensure event success.
- Develop a business pipeline and manage sponsorships with key innovation organizations and existing FinTech partners. Source leads, building relationships and managing the accounts.
- Design and execute strategy around growth marketing and product design (this is a startup, tons of flexibility if you have a great idea and want to execute it!)
- Understand the nature of community building and find ways to continuously deliver value to the members by enabling connections and being on top of FinTech trends.
- Develop, curate, and administrate social media communities – pursuing automation where possible.
- Identify and manage various advertising channels.
- Use of small business platforms (eg WordPress, Zapier, Adwords) to track Empire’s growth
- Some travel is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a business development, marketing, operations, events, community development or engagement roles with entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experiences.
- Experience in event planning and logistics (preferred).
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to get things done.
- Knowledge of marketing/CRM tools and tech-savvy.
- Comfortable with highly dynamic and unpredictable environments.
- Knowledge of FinTech and prior experience is preferred but not required. (You’re eager to learn and inform yourself around FinTech).
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction, self-starter attitude.
- Offices are located at co-working space Rise “The Home of FinTech”,
- Weekly team building lunches.
- An energetic and fun team of people to work with.
Tell us why this role is perfect for you, reach out to email@example.com