This event is a part of the Empire New York FinTech Week 2021
Panel – 1 hosted by Lifesaver: SaaS enabled Marketplaces in FinTech
Users crave a single seamless digital experience and they crave immediateness. We’ve seen the trend of 2 sided online marketplaces in every sector – Grubhub, Bookings.com, DoorDash, Amazon, E-bay, Airbnb and Uber. They provide perfect information to users, bring the transaction on-platform and efficiently match the demand and supply sides at a massive scale. So why has Financial Services not seen this trend yet? Is the future of Banking Services a tech enabled 2-sided marketplace? What does this mean and what will be the unintended consequences? Can we through technology bring banking services on-platform to finally provide a superior user experience? Join us in this exciting discussion at FinTech week!
Panelists: Adi Dehejia, Banyan Finance
Panel – 2 hosted by Trio: Bridging the gap through Fintech
- The top 10% of income earners account for 50% of total US wealth!
- The racial wealth gap has remained unchanged over the last 25 years!
- On average, women are paid 20% less than their male counterparts!
- 3 in 4 workers say they are in debt – and more than half think they always will be!
- 78% of workers’ paycheck to paycheck!
- By not investing, individuals miss out on up to one-third of their wealth every ten years!
Wealth gaps exist across different segments of society, but the silver lining is Fintech challengers are developing innovative approaches to bridge these gaps.
Join us as we discuss how Fintech is moving the needle forward!
Panelists: Meggie Palmer, Peptalkher
8:30-9:00AM: Registration and Breakfast
9:00-9:30AM: Panel 1 – SaaS enabled Marketplaces in FinTech
9:30-10:00AM: Panel 2 – Bridging the gap through Fintech