On Wednesday, November 20, 2019 – National Latina Equal Pay Day – we are giving you access to 10+ immersive workshops to help craft your roadmap for professional and entrepreneurial success in 2020!
We anticipate more than 500 participants to come together for an afternoon of empowerment, education and networking at our inaugural Latinx Summit – an effort to move beyond typical panel discussions by offering action plans at several venues throughout NYC hosted by leading companies and agencies at their headquarters.
And our amazing partners and sponsors listed on our website: https://latinx2020nyc.com
Our Latinx Summit features:
- Headquartered venues throughout NYC with access to employment pipelines
- 10+ workshops to support your personal, professional and entrepreneurial goals
- Executive/Expert presenters from varied industries, start-ups and government entities
- Opportunities to connect with our powerful Latinx community in NYC, network with recruiters, meet potential mentors and mentees, and build community
- Networking Reception at Hudson Yards
Venue, workshop topics, and speakers:
(Workshop timeframes: Part I: 1:00-3:00 p.m. and Part II: 3:15-5:00 p.m.)
LinkedIn HQ (350 5th Ave.)
- Part I: “Professional Branding and Creating Storytelling Magic Using LinkedIn” with Yai Vargas, Linkedin Ambassador and Founder/CEO of The Latinista
- Part II: “Confident Public Speaking” Minue Yoshida, Author and Public Speaking Coach
Barclays HQ (745 7th Avenue)
- Part I: “Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion & Impacts to Our Communities” TBD
- Part II: “Building Connectivity in Supplier Diversity for 2020” TBD
AARP-NY (750 Third Avenue)
- Parts I and II: “Living Longer, Living Smarter ” by Maggie Castro, Associate State Director, Hispanic Outreach – Aging and planning together; bring a parent, an abuela or any family member or friend, as we are never too young or too mature to plan for our futures!
RISE FinTech (43 W 23rd St)
- Part I: “Design Thinking to Business Development” – a customer-centered process that both startups and large corporations use to prototype and develop their products and branding.
- Part II: “FinTech Due Diligence & Cryptocurrency Intelligence” – best practices and highest standards presented by the Jorge Tenreiro, U.S. SEC Diversity Leader and Cryptocurrency Specialist/Senior Trial Counsel – Division of Enforcement; and Lourdes Caballes, U.S. SEC Assistant Regional Director – Office of Clearance & Settlement
Barclays HQ (745 7th Avenue) – by invitation only
- Parts I & II – C-suite Development – “What is your value proposition?” by Bill Ehrhardt, CEO Group Chair, Vistage Worldwide
These are just a few of the amazing workshops and partners featured at #LatinxSummitNYC!
Afterwards, you are welcomed to join us at the Networking Reception from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Cedric’s at the Shed in Hudson Yards (545 W 30th St.). Cash bar. Please note that you must be a registered attendee to join.
More details on the workshops, speakers, and our sponsors can be found on our website: https://latinx2020nyc.com
If you are interested in volunteering, please sign-up here.
Disclosure: Please be advised that basic attendee information (name, address, email) will be shared with our venue sponsors for security purposes and access to buildings for the workshops. Any workshop materials and follow-up will also be sent electronically to attendees and/or posted to the Latinx2020NYC Summit website.