Today’s economic climate, consumer behavior and emerging technology has led to the rise of a different kind of investor – one far more likely to invest in single stocks, cryptocurrencies and crowdfunding than in a balanced portfolio.
Join our panel of experts as they dive deep into how these trends are engaging a whole new generation of investors. We’ll discuss:
- The potential benefits and drawbacks of this shifting landscape
- The pitfalls investors will need to navigate as the investing world changes
- The strategies up-and-coming fintechs are using to take advantage – and how the established players are reacting
Plus, we’ll take a step back and take a look at what’s in store for investors’ favorite stocks – and some of our own – in the coming months.
You’ll hear from:
- Jannick Malling, Co-CEO at Public.com
- Lindsay Davis, Senior Intelligence Analyst at CB Insights
- Dion Rabouin, Markets Editor at Axios
- Jannick Malling is the Co-CEO at Public.com. Previously, Jannick co-founded Tradable in 2012 with a mission to create the OS for trading, giving traders the most personalized trading experience possible.
- Lindsay Davis is a Senior Intelligence Analyst at CB Insights where she researches emerging technology trends in fintech, wealth tech, capital markets tech, and regtech. Her research has been cited in The New York Times, The Financial Times, and Thomson Reuters. She has presented her analysis on Bloomberg, at Money 20/20, Nikkei’s Reg Summit, Source Media’s InVest, and Regtech Summit.
- Dion Rabouin is the Axios Markets Editor and author of the Axios Markets newsletter. Prior to Axios, Dion was the anchor of Yahoo Finance’s “Midday Movers” and a global financial reporter, coving the bond, equity, and currency markets. He previously covered Treasuries, FX, and emerging markets for Reuters. He is also a regular contributor to Marketplace.
- 6.30pm – Drinks + networking
- 6.45pm – Panel session/ Audience Q&A
- 8.00pm – Drinks + networking continues
- 8.30pm – End
As the largest premium flexible workplace provider in the US with more than 85 locations in 45 cities, Industrious helps modern companies of all sizes be both efficient and effective by creating workplace experiences designed to drive productivity. Overlooking the Vessel art installation, our Hudson Yards location is the ultimate workplace destination, featuring best-in-class amenities, exceptional service, a professional atmosphere, and member access to on-site wellness and fitness programming by Equinox.
Public.com is an investing app that makes it possible to own the companies you believe in, for any amount of money — commission-free. Through an unmistakably simple experience, Public members can buy slices of stocks and ETFs, follow interest-based themes, and learn from a transparent community of friends and subject-matter experts along the way.
Public was created when the VCs behind Venmo, a stock brokerage, and repeat fin-tech entrepreneurs assembled behind the mission to make the public markets more accessible.
The company is headquartered in New York and is a member of FINRA & SIPC.
Visit www.public.com to download the free app for iOS or Android and learn more.
Our mission at Finimize is to empower you to become your own financial adviser by giving you the information and tools you need to make smart investment decisions. Sign up for the newsletter or download the App.