The goal of this event is to learn about the challenges, opportunities, and resources for tech startups/companies in Miami and Latam that want to expand to Latin America, South East Asia and other markets worldwide. You’ll also gain some insight into how rapidly changing landscapes in AI and FinTech are (or can be) relevant to Miami and Latam companies.
Some Key Takeaways:
- What are some interesting things happening in Miami and other ecosystems in the Americas?
- Who are the key ecosystem players to know if you want to enter one of these markets?
- What are the latest vertical trends in each startup scene?
- What are some red flags in terms of doing business and receiving investments?
- What are some secrets about each ecosystem that only locals understand?
The goal of GlobalSouthTech (GST) is to create a global community of people who think about how technology can solve the most pressing problems in emerging economies including SEA, Middle East, Africa and South America.
MOX Accelerator in Taipei and Chinaccelerator in Shanghai who help startups expand throughout Asia are our close partners. Hyperledger is a global giant that advances cross-industry blockchain technologies through an open source collaborative effort. GlobalSouthTech originally got started in New York City; we are now in more than 43 different cities worldwide and we’ve organized over 100 meetups connecting tech people around the world.
6:30pm – 7:00pm – Networking and refreshments
7:00pm-8:00pm -Presentations/Panel Discussion
8:00pm – 9:00pm – Networking
German Rocca – Trade Commissioner, ProChile
Jonathan Fichman – Founder, C-Anax Ventures
Ruben Touitou – Head of Product, Aiko AI
Nicolas Ibaibarriaga Fontaine – VP, City National Bank