Please join financial education practitioners, researchers and stakeholders to consider how we can help Maryland adults gain the skills and confidence to meet their financial goals.
This Summit is designed to allow educators to share their best teaching tools, methods and curriculum with attendees. We bring together up-to-date research, best practices, and the insights and expertise of our state’s financial education leaders. Via interactive presentations, plenary sessions and small workshops we will consider these key questions:
What would it take to provide high quality, engaging financial education for Maryland adults?
What would it take for financial education to result in better outcomes for Maryland adults?
Who should attend:
Financial educators, organizations and stakeholders who want to promote high quality financial education programs.
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Directions and Parking:
The Federal Reserve Baltimore Branch is located at 502 S. Sharp Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. Please note that parking is not available onsite.
Below is a list of some of the workshops that will be at this year’s Summit!
Plenary and Workshop Topics will include:
1) 411 Panel: Information that all attendees will benefit from including:
• 2020 Legislative updates
• Post Secondary Institutions’ Financial Education Programs
• New Debt Collection Laws
• Bank On Maryland
• ” Invest in What’s Next: Life After High School” Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond’s website tool
2) ABC’s of Financial Education: A fast paced sharing of research-based curriculum and best practices for delivering financial education. Financial educators will showcase interactive activities which result in class participants taking direct action on improving their finances and understanding the impact of their own behaviors/habits on their financial wellness.Concurrent workshop option(s):
• Programs that work: Bridges Out of Poverty models
• Latest in FinTech
• Financial Education through Storytelling
Registration is limited to the first 150 applicants so register today!
Eligible for 3.5 CEU’s with AFCPE.
Door Prizes will be available for participants to win at the end of the event including a fully comped 2021 Common Cents Conference Registration!
Many thanks to our MD Financial Education Summit Planning Team: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond – Baltimore Branch, CAFE Montgomery MD, CASH Campaign of Maryland, Housing Authority of the City of Frederick, REACH of Washington County, Wells Fargo and individual financial educators.
By registering for this event, I agree that the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (the “Bank”), the CASH Campaign of Maryland, its employees and agents have the right to photograph, videotape and record me at this event and use my photograph, videotape and/or recorded name, likeness, voice, and statements to promote CASH Campaign of Maryland.
A special thanks to our event partners: The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.